Even for exactly the same job description and responsibilities, a virtual employee requires a skill-set very different from the one an employee not working from a remote location should have. So, for closing in on a right virtual employee PHP website developer, therefore, you will need the expertise of an experienced outsourcing services vendor, such as Virtual Employee.
Following are a few pointers that should be kept in mind when hiring a dedicated virtual employee.
1. Hire a virtual dedicated employee with the required domain expertise. One of the first things you should look for is whether the PHP programmer has the requisite domain expertise and technical skills. It is pretty obvious that a remote employee who doesn’t measure up to the technical skills required is a misfit in your project. Towards this end, an outsourcing services vendor should be able to help you in finding the right dedicated virtual employees.
2. Good communication skills are a definite must-have. Although good communications skills (both verbal and written) is something all your employees should have, these skills become much more critical in the case of a virtual dedicated employee. This is so because your virtual employees have to rely on chat, mail, or video conferencing whenever they want to get in touch with you. A virtual employee, therefore, should be able to put his thoughts in order and communicate with you in understandable language.
3. Go for a dedicated virtual employee who’s self disciplined. Because your virtual employee will work from a remote location, he should be self-disciplined and goal oriented. These are traits that make sure he’s able to deliver good results and solutions. Even though your outsourcing services vendor will keep him under constant watch, if your employee is not self-disciplined he cannot deliver.
4. Make sure your virtual employee is accessible when at work. Before hiring the services of an outsourcing company, take a close look at the infrastructure in your vendor’s office, especially the communications infrastructure. Your vendor should make sure that there are no communications blackout, which can lead to confusion and harm your PHP development project.
5. The place your virtual employee work out of should have all necessary support systems in place. Make sure that, along with other facilities, the office your remote employee works out of has all necessary support systems in place, such as, 24-hr IT support and power backup. This will make sure that in the event of any IT glitches or power outages, minimum possible time is wasted.
6. Does your employee have problem-solving and firefighting skills? You, the team manager, are always there when there’s a problem. But even your virtual employee should first try to solve the problem before it is escalated to your desk.
These are a few pointers that will help you narrow down on the right dedicated virtual employee for your PHP website development project, and if you need help in hiring the right employee for your project and also making sure that your virtual employee gets a state-of-the-art office to work out of, there are many outsourcing companies – such as, Virtual Employee– the services of which you can hire.