LAW FIRM SEO : What are the Key Points
The following list is basic and absolutely non-negotiable. When speaking with a lawyer SEO rep, there should be zero sidestepping or sales talk. Keep in mind, this list constitutes research and work that should have been completed before the conference call or in person meeting – we’re looking for very little future promises.
This is the bottom line. If your lawyer SEO company does not have ALL these pieces fully in place, they are not worth your time or money.
1. keyword analysis: they need to tell you what phrases will bring in the most calls, what phrases will not performed, and what phrases need to be added to your campaign. They should have at least 25 phrases that fit your firm perfectly. Once the team gets deeper into your campaign, they will need to learn even more about your firm and choose even better phrases.
2. new landing pages: Your site needs at least 50 brand new landing pages with new content, and the lawyer SEO company needs to be specific about what landing pages they’re going to create and what current pages need to change, and why. You should receive a list by email before the meeting starts. The list should include many of the new titles, tags, and meta descriptions. You should also see a plan for 301 redirects to pass rank from old pages to some new ones.
3. competition analysis: Your SEO company should tell you who your top competitors are, what phrases they’re ranking for, and why. Then, you need to hear what they plan on doing to outrank them, specifically.
Not: “we’re going to upgrade you to the premium plan…you’re going to love it…it’s going to be fantastic!…etc”.
4. reputation management: They need to tell you exactly where and what the negative comments are, exactly how strong these pages are, and the exact number and type of properties they will create AND the steps they will take to use the new properties to outrank the negative comments. If you do not have negayive comments, then they should have a proactive plan to guard against this potential killer. The plan should be explained to you in detail – nothing should be vague.
5. video marketing: You can rank for a selection of good keywords using YouTube. A video in the 8th spot will in many cases get clicked over the top result, because people tend to click videos. The law firm marketing company should have found out which phrases will work and have a plan to create and optimize videos for you. They should explain how to optimize a video for Google search and have a list of at least 5 other video platforms for distribution.
6. local marketing: This is big, they should explain what they will do to optimize your Google Places and Local Citations. they should should you a list of the top 50 local directories and give you a timeline for creating a profile on each.
7. design: will they redesign your site to improve your conversions? What will they do?
8. link building: You need to hear the plan in detail. NEVER hire a company that says, “Our plan is 100% whitehat, proprietary, top secret – we don’t just hand our our secret sauce.” – this is BS! They’re lying to you.
It should include details about:
– article writing and syndication: which accounts? which article bases? how many articles per month? which phrases? what’s their anchor text strategy?
– press release distribution: who writes these?, how will they find breaking news?, where will the PRs be distributed? how will we track them?
– guest blogging: what’s their strategy, what connections do they have?
– directories: what are the top 50 directories used today? They should send us their list.
– web 2.0 satellite sites: which sites will they be using and how?
– will they add you to any wiki, .edu or .gov sites? which ones?
The Four Step by Step Stages of Law Firm Web Design
Web design presents a critical element businesses must rely upon to find success in the online environment. This is true whether you are trying to merchandise different products or offer attorney services. For attorneys, websites represent a landing page for potential consumers to take advantage of to learn more about the attorney, the services provided, and the potential expense involved in. When you are looking to maximize the opportunities that exist with attorney web design, take advantage of the following for step by step stages.
Step one of creating your website is found with planning. This is the phase where you will detail what your expectations will be from your website and how you would like messages conveyed to potential consumers. When looking at the various aspects of planning, you will have to address items such as layout design, color schemes, content, visual aids, and other resources to attract consumer attention.
Once you have been able to create a plan for your website design to follow, the next phase is associated with building your website. It is often beneficial to utilize a quality web design company to accomplish this goal rather than generic templates. Templates are redundant in nature and often have been utilized by your competitors in the past. Building a custom law firm web design will allow your business to have its own identity as you seek to capture consumer attention and build your attorney service.
With the completion of your website the third step of attorney web design is found with publishing your site. You will have to address technical elements in this phase such as broadband usage so you can determine how much you want to invest into the site each month. The higher level of broadband you select, the more likely consumers will be able to freely view your website without freezing or delay issues.
The final and often most important step associated with attorney web design is discovered with promoting your business. There are millions of websites found on the Internet and thousands of potential attorney sites consumers can take advantage of. Utilizing resources such as search engine marketing will help to promote your business as you draw on consumer attention and find new customers.
Writing the Content for Law Firm : SEO Content and Copywriting for Law Firm
By following these steps you will ensure your web design efforts have a strong foundation, which can be built upon and improved overtime. When you are looking to maximize the potential of your web design solutions, make sure to take advantage of the resources of a professional service to support your company.
Content plays an important role in the online environment since it represents your effort to attract consumer attention and inspire repeat visits. Customers often utilize content as a guideline for them to identify a quality attorney and determine whether their services will best meet their legal needs. When creating content, it is important you take advantage of certain guidelines so you know what you should incorporate every effort made. The following identifies different guidelines you can take advantage of for answering questions such as knowing how short is too short for lawyer website content.
First Guideline: Develop Your Message
When creating content for your website, it is necessary you develop your message prior to writing anything. You need to understand what you are trying to convey to your consumers so your message is not lost as you try to reach a certain number of words in your content. Creating an outline in advance can be beneficial so you can make your point, support it, and come to a reasonable conclusion.
Second Guideline: Make SEO Relevant
Whenever you post anything on the Internet you need to focus on marketing opportunities that can be taken advantage of. The creation of content allows your website to be recognized by search engines so the implementation of search engine optimization is crucial. Incorporating keywords into any content will create a valuable resource to help boost the level of traffic your business receives.
Third Guideline: Avoid Fluff Content
When struggling with creating content posts that are of substantial in length, make sure you avoid the risks associated with fluff content. Simply filling in general information that is not relevant to your point or is generic in nature will not support your ability to impress consumers and drive online traffic.
Fourth Guideline: Stick to Your Points
The final guideline for creating posts that are not too long or too short is to stick to your points. The outline identified in guideline one will assist you in accomplishing this as you identify your points of support and maintain professional content that is distributed in a quality manner.
Following these guidelines will allow you to develop quality content that is attractive to your consumers and will not be too short. For general content,it is often a good idea to try to reach 500 words without exceeding it too far. Simple updates can be half that size and represent a crucial element to maintain consumer attraction when it comes to building brand recognition and customer relations.